Saturday, July 16, 2016

Random garden goings on

What's up in the garden this week - in no particular order...

The Bee Balm bloomed. For some reason I was thinking my Bee Balm would be red. But then I went back and looked at the tag... and it's labelled as "Blue Stocking" which is apparently purple...
Regardless, it's pretty and the pollinators love it!
The red Susans are putting on a fine show! (Their proper name is Rudibeckia Cherry Brandy)
This is "Dally Hally" another Rudibeckia (Rudibeckia includes all cone flowers, like Black-eyed Susans, Blanket Flower, Echinacea, etc.). I love its fluffy petals.
 Another of the mystery lilies bloomed. This one is an oriental Lily. While it's only 16" tall at the moment, it will get up to 3-4 feet like the double blooming pink one I bought. I've got to say, I love the classic white.
The Milkweed is almost ready to bloom. This is such a treat since I started it from seed (and quite a few of the plants survived!) It's suppose to attract Monarchs especially, so maybe I'll have some new pictures for you soon!
 I was starting to think the Dahlias were never going to bloom, but it looks like at least one of them will.(These guys have been struggling with insect damage). I really hope this is the darker one.

And last but definitely not least....
 

It's raspberry season!

3 comments:

Araignee said...

It's almost blackberry season here. The street is lined with bushes of them but I've noticed my neighbors eyeing them so I bet they are gone before I get any this year.

kathy b said...

I am so jealous you have milkweed. YOU WILL have so many butterflies! Mine did not sprout.
I love your garden!

I just used up all the rest of the Miracle Grow . Must clean out the shed for the new people. I want the garden to be glorious when they arrive in 3 weeks.

Anonymous said...

I like that white iris too! Very pretty.