With Corvin off the needles in blocking, I was all revved up for finishing. I picked up the messed up tunic sleeve. I was already to rip it back, but I had to find my needle first. I couldn't remember what size, I was using. But that's what Ravelry is for!
I checked my project page... 4mm... no problem!
Wait... 4mm... that's what I was using for my new lace design...
Shoot. Double shoot! I have doubles in quite a few needles, but oddly enough, 4mm (one of my most used needles) is not one of them! So the tunic will have to wait until I can get another, or until I finish the lace design (my best on the former happening first.)
Disappointed, I wasn't in the mood to work on any other lace, so I picked up my Jaywalker sock. Stella's starter crapped out on me this week, so I've been working from home while it was rebuilt (let's note my thankfulness for a job where I can do that, and that handsome guy who lives with me and is not just a pretty face, but handy with a wrench, saving me several hundred dollars in labour), so I haven't had lunch hours to work on it.
I made up for that with a quiet evening of knitting
I got a little worried once I was a few rows in. It was looking like it'd be way too large. I was happy to find that wasn't the case. It's a touch on the loose size, but I'm betting it will tighten up after the first wash (especially if I give it a trip through the dryer).
A note about the yarn
In the end - both types make great socks. I'm sure these ones will soften up with a good soak - and they will probably wear like iron!