Sunday, October 1, 2017

FO: Cascading Leaves

Hello October! I am ready!

Friday I finished up the Cascading Leaves socks. And I LOVE them!
This was a really fun, fast pattern. I love eight to 10 row repeats for socks (this one is eight), because they always seem to fly.  I think it's because you want to finish out the repeat before putting the sock away.
This particular pattern as lovely texture too - with just a bit of lace.
I used Alley Cat in "Deadfall" and I just love the result. There's so many little flecks of pretty fall colours, but it all blends so well.
And with our heat wave over and the cooler weather blowing through, these are definitely going to get some good use.

A big thankyou for Dee and Vera for hosting the I ❤ Fall KAL!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ♥ how your socks turned out. They are perfect with those shoes!

Can we TALK about those shoes for a minute!!! WOWZA --- best.shoes.ever!

Araignee said...

That is a pretty pair of socks. Too bad that pattern isn't available anymore.

Vera said...

They turned out gorgeous! Great job. I'm hoping to finish my 2nd Nutkin before we leave next Saturday for vacation. Yay, feels like Fall has arrived!

Vera said...

P.S. Love your shoes!

gayle said...

Those shoes! I hate shoes, and even I love those shoes!
It looks like they were especially designed for showing off gorgeous socks!

kathy b said...

Nice finish . YOu always pick the cutest shoes!!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Those shoes rock!!!! My socks don't seem to be moving quite that fast....LOL...but I'm getting there. Hope mine turn out as good as yours did. :-)

Delighted Hands said...

Yes, it is a perfect choice of yarn and textured pattern! Great job!

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful! Both the socks AND the shoes (are those Fluevogs, by chance?)! I love the colors in that yarn :)

Rachelle said...

Gorgeous socks, and the colour worked well too :)