Saturday, October 28, 2017

The Empire Knits Back

A few months ago, I was reveling in a productive streak - one where I was finishing things left and right, feeling a huge sense of accomplishment.

As will all good things, it's come to and end. While I still have the desire to do all the things, I seem to have lost the drive...

Well that's not quite right... more like I seem to have found the distractions. I get up each morning with a plan, and before I know it, the day is almost over and I've accomplished nothing. And I'm not entirely sure where the day went.

One of those plans is to knit every night on the Empire Line cardigan. I'm on the second front, and while it's not exactly a fast knit, I should be further along than I am.
I'm a few pattern repeats to the yoke decreases, where things really speed up. In my heart, I really want to get this one done. I hate to let a project linger for more than a year (this was started in February), so I've got that deadline in the back of my mind.. but the weather is finally cool enough that I could wear this... if it was finished... of course...

My plan is to knit on it every night while we watch Supernatural. We watch 2-3 episodes each night, so that a good few hours of knitting... but I always seem to get distracted! (Damn you, Bubble Witch!). I think I'm going to have to start hiding my phone and my computer... and just stick to it!

I'd love to have the front done before we run out of episodes on Netflix. (We are on the last season now).

8 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

I've learned to roll with stretches like this; like the seasons, they come and go.
Yes, putting down the phone or computer is always good advice when you are frustrated about lack of progress.

chrisknits said...

My distraction is Royal Parade card game, just found a phone version!!! You can do it!

Araignee said...

I am knitting to two episodes of Supernatural, 1 of Santa Clarita Diet and now 1 of Stranger Things every night....it's a great Halloween on Netflix!

gayle said...

It really is hard to focus on knitting when it seems too warm for wearing knits! (And TV really helps me when I've got some knitting I want to get done. Supernatural is a natural!)

kathy b said...

I think we all sort of ebb and flow with our productivity. Your finishes are always so beautiful Val, I wouldnt push yourself harder than you like

Eastside Cats said...

Gotta keep your eye on the prize...but that darn TV gets in the way. Happens to me often...lol!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

I can only knit mindless stuff while watching TV and that doesn't look one bit mindless to me so you are doing way better than I would be able to do.

Rachelle said...

My knitting focus has gone too, I'm going to blame the upcoming event but to be honest I was a bit that way earlier too. I did get my a into g for some sewing, but my days are just flying by! MIL asked me earlier what we did for our anniversary and I couldn't remember, eep!