Monday, October 9, 2017

October roses

It's Thanksgiving here in Canada. While Dave and I have no grand plans for the day, I always like to take a little time to count my blessings.

Of course, I'm grateful for Dave. He manages to drive me crazy, and drive me to giggles all at the same time. I've got two fantastic parents who've really made this whole "carless" thing a heck of a lot easier too. In fact, they've just made life a heck of a lot easier in general.

Then there's my furbabies. From the little black kitten who crossed my path, the the ginger boy who soothed my soul after loss,  the Torti with the attitude who just keeps on keeping on, to the new garden tiger who's reluctantly considering life as a house cat.... my life is truly full of precious purrs.

I've got a job I mostly love, that not only keeps a roof over our heads, but allows me an incredible amount of felixibily, but also the ability to work from the comfort of my own home.

And I'm thankful for my gardens. Especially my roses. We don't usually get REALLY cold weather until November, and the roses just seem to shine after the humidity passes.
You don't think of roses when you think of October.
And though it's been three years since I planted my first one...
It never ceases to amaze me how beautiful the are in the fall.

I really do have a wonderful life.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

That red rose is amazing!

Araignee said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Your roses are just gorgeous. Fall roses are the best.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Beautiful roses! Happy Thanksgiving yo you and Dave!
My little black cat had turkey pate this morning :)

Delighted Hands said...

We will be thankful with you for your wonderful life!
The roses are just a good reminder of the beauty that surrounds you!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for sharing the roses!!

chrisknits said...

Happy Thanksgiving! You are very blessed, especially in the kitty department.

Eastside Cats said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Love and contentment can really make a person feel good.

kathy b said...

Happy Thanksgiving. SIMPLE pleasures noticed are the BEST. I Love your roses and plan to plant minis here next spring.