Thursday, May 31, 2018

Bloom time

It's the most exciting time of the year in the garden. Almost every day, there's something new to see

The chives have fully opened and they are pretty. Useful and pretty, and I love that!
One of my Oriental Lilies didn't make it, so I found this gorgeous light mauve clematis to fill the corner. I've wanted a Clematis for a long time, so hopefully this is a good spot for it.

It will still be a bit until any of the roses bloom, but we've got another new addition.  When I bought the clematis, I found this one. Ebb Tide is a rose I've been looking for for a while, so  I was thrilled when it turned up at a local garden centre. I expanded the side garden so this beauty could have a nice warm sunny spot.
It's been a few years since I first planted the Lily-of-the-Valley, and it's really doing well now. I'm probably going to have to start splitting it up.
Once of the Columbine in the Sidewalk Garden bloomed, and it's a stunner.
And the Lilac are in full show. And of course, smell absolutely amazing!
The Lupin are blooming. I got this pretty purple one last year too, but the seeds were mixed colours, so I was hoping for something else as well...
... and I got purple again, but with a white base. Oh well.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of the flowers are beautiful, but I think the lilac is my favorite.

Araignee said...

Wow......what beauties! I managed to plant some impatients and begonias before it started to rain again yesterday. Right now it's a jungle out there. Ugh.

Delighted Hands said...

I really like the Columbine! The field behind my parents' home used to be filled with Lupines...nice.

Tired Teacher said...

Gorgeous blooms. Lily of the Valley and Lilacs are some of my favorites.

Vera said...

That columbine is stunning! You certainly have a lot of beauties in your garden.

Eastside Cats said...

As a child, my chive plant was my favorite! Dark green 'leaves', big purple flowers.

kathy b said...

Lupine fail here :(
Your chives are so pretty.
My clematis is doing great!
I have a small rose bush that someone gave me after my mom died. Its leafing out, but no roses yet....thumbs crossed.
Lots of steady good rain lately.
EVERYTHING is green

elns said...

It's been a while since I've had a tour of your garden! It looks lovely. I like the purple theme. I will now have to put purple socks on my agenda this year.

Judy S. said...

Spring is my favorite time of year! Your flowers are gorgeous. Love that clematis; ours is doing great this year, and the flowers seem to last well, too. Enjoy!