Friday, June 1, 2018

Friday Felines

It's just been baby animal central around here lately. After the great Bun Incident of last week. I woke up to a fledgling robin on my patio chair. I wisely kept Relic in until Mama and Papa Robin had shuffled him down a couple of houses.

Then later that day, I rescued this little guy from Krista's recycle bin.
I released him down by the fence line, but he found his way back up to my back door. I know most people think I'm crazy for saving a baby mouse, but I don't mind them, as long as they stay outside. If they get in the house, they have to contend with Miss Peno, and that never ends well for them.

After the bun incident, you'd think outside would be dangerous too...
But Relic's been sleeping on the job.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that boy is going to need some re-training on the responsibilities of the cat!!!

Vera said...

Looks like he is soaking up some Vitamin D!

We found a dead critter under our picnic table last week. Fletch originally thought it was a mouse, but upon closer inspection, discovered it was a baby squirrel!

Elizabeth said...

Well, *I* think it is great that you try to save small critters, whether mice or not!! Always enjoy your blog tho this is the first time I have commented...

Araignee said...

Here it's turtle central. We keep picking them up out of the road. Mercifully my cats must be sleeping on the job too. No dead critters to speak of yet....yet.

Tired Teacher said...

Kindness and compassion are never silly; that is UNLESS there's a spider involved - then all bets are off.

kathy b said...

Aww To love a mouse is a good thing. Im sorry I cant love them INSIDE my house. But outside I like them. We had a frog in the garage. I left it open for him to escape. We could hear him but we couldn't find him.

Delighted Hands said...

Awww, the mice are cute-outside! We've had a new generation of lizards and chameleons on the porch!

Eastside Cats said...

Hahaha, Relic sleeping while a baby mouse was almost close enough to crawl into his mouth!

Judy S. said...

Ginger hopes Relic has a great nap!

chrisknits said...

Well, it's hard being such a great cat. He needs lots of rest!

Monika said...

I can't believe Relic didn't notice the little mouse! It's wonderful that you save as many small critters as you can. I try to as well.

elns said...

I had to click to enlarge it. Oh I love that photo of Relic and the baby mouse. Hehe.