Well today has been a total wash out... while I got a lot of great knitting time (Dave spent most of the day playing guitar)... none of it turned out well.
About a month or so ago, I cast on for a hat for my brother's birthday. It involved colour work and a chart, and since my back has been out of commission, I set it aside because I can't sit up and read the chart.
Unfortunatley, his birthday is next Saturday (and I'm going to see him Monday), so I figured I had better get something together. I scoured Ravelry and found "The Boy Hat" pattern:which I really, really liked because of the unique decreasing on the crown:
Of course I wasn't paying attention, and I knit it about an inch and a half too short. (It's nice to have a boy head around to try these things out before giving them as gifts)
I didn't have the heart to make another one (I hate re-knitting things), so I picked up the original birthday hat, managed to find a comfortable way to stretch out and still be able to read the chart and voila!
But, in the spirit of a bad knitting day.... it's going to be waaaaay too tight. This is the first thing I've done with intarsia, and where the flames are is all pulled in and bunchy. I managed to stretch it out on my mannequin head, but when I put it on my head, it's still really tight ( so tight it will give me a headache)