Monday, December 22, 2008

Only three more sleeps....

... and I must say I am running out of knitting mojo.
Obviously I haven't blogged in a little while. That's due in part to the fact that my back problem decided to flare up, and literally lay me out for a week. But, a (relatively) quick trip to the emergency room and a syringe full of morphine (weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee) and I'm almost as good as new. I still have to baby it, but I'm happy to say, I went a whole four days without pain killers!
Despite the set back I've still managed to stay on schedule with my Christmas knitting. Last week I completed this:I modified the pattern I used for Dad's sweater, with the intention of making a cardigan for Mom. But once I got it done I realized it totally wasn't her style. It is, however, perfect for Dave's grandma, so it wasn't a total waste of time and still knocked a present off my Christmas list.
I still have one small project left to do before Wednesday, and once it's done I think I may take a little knitting hiatus.... I think I've earned it...
PHEW!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

There are no knitting breaks. What's wrong with you!!!

Lee said...

I like the sweater and I am glad it worked out. I hope your back feels better soon, I have runner's knee and it hurts to sit for too long, but then it hurts to walk around and I want to knit.
Merry Christmas

Alisha said...

I love the sweater.

I feel your back pain...literally. I have a bit of a bad back.....hurt it years ago lifting a toy box. It has been good for so long but lately I must be doing something that is making it quite unhappy.

I was leaning over the computer...easier to read on the go then actually sit down.....I have stopped that. I also was doing transfers without the lift for Shel and I pay for that stupidity.

I did some yoga the other day. It helps but I need to get a few more sessions in through the week. It makes a difference.