Sunday, May 2, 2010

Where does the time go?

Sorry for staying away from the blog for the last couple of days. The first week at work (especially Friday) was a hectic one so I've spent the weekend chilling out.

I took the boys outside to enjoy the nice weather several times this weekend.As you can see, Tux is quite tuckered out from the adventure (which includes trying to escape under the fence while my back was turned - good thing he was on the leash).Rocky took advantage of Tux's exhaustion to snag some couch time - sleeping off his outdoor adventure as well (which included getting caught in the wild roses).

When not playing with the boys outside, I've been knitting and frogging, knitting and frogging. I should be working on the Starry Zetor, or Dad's second F-day sock but instead I cast on for a new project.

I originally cast on for Multnomah, but decided I didn't like it. So, I started playing around with a "Multnomah-inspired" design (basically feather and fan). After frogging several times, I think I'm finally happy.The yarn is STR Silkie Sock in "Walking on the Wild Tide". It was a gift from the lovely Jeanne, and I love the way it is knitting up.

Tomorrow is back to work and another hectic week, but I'll try to stay on top of the blog.

4 comments:

Monika said...

Was it as humid at your place as it was here? I hate it when everything is sticky and wet.
Your new shawl looks lovely already.

Anonymous said...

That little kitty-sofa just cracks me up!

TheBlackSheep said...

The new shawl looks lovely!
I wouldn't worry about blogging too much at the start of a new job. New jobs tend to take a lot out of you. Further good luck!

Knatolee said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the kitty-couch! And the yarn is gorgeous.