1) I finished up another pair of uber-adorable baby socksI have been sticking to gender neutral yarn choices, but baby has been born and it's a boy. I want to do one more pair - probably blue or green - and then I'll get them sent off.
2) When not working on baby socks, I've been making great progress on my BlackRose socks. If I stick to it, I should be able to get them done today. But.. it's hard to say if I will stick to it.
3) Tomorrow is a holiday, so at the very least, I'll probably get them done this weekend.
4) I haven't touched Bitteroot. I haven't been in the mood. But I want to get moving on it, because I'm itching to cast on for the Crow Waltz Shawl again. I didn't like the way the Regia was knitting up for the edging, so I commissioned Mom to dye up some different yarn for me.
This is our Sophisticat - a sport weight Alpaca Silk blend that I haven't gotten around to dying up and getting into the shop. The colour is Chimney Sweep and I think it will work perfect with the handspun.
5) I also have another skein... well ball.... I haven't shown you yet. It's a Top Cat Stripey:This was an accident skein (Mom's - not mine, for once!) I told Mom how to fix it, but she still didn't think it was good enough (not enough contrast between the two colours) to put in the shop. But I thought it was perfect for stripey socks for Dave. It doesn't have a name though... any suggestions?
6) Mom's been busy dying yarn, and I did some last weekend... expect a shop update in the near future (including our new Twinkle Cat GOLD!!!!)
7) I gave notice at my job on Friday. I have a new job in the big city (Mississauga). It starts on March 7th, and will mean a move in a few months. I'm going to miss this small town, and my little townhouse. But I'll only be an hour away, and Ill be back frequently to dye yarn.
It means a better opportunity for me, and less commuting for Dave. If we can save enough to buy a house, the sacrifice will be well worth it!