Monday, December 26, 2011

Aftermath

I hope everyone had a terrific Christmas. I had planned on posting several times over the last few days, but time just got away from me.

I even had a whole rhyming Christmas Eve post written out in my head - but then, one of the final Christmas projects went all pear-shaped on me and I was left, with six hours left in the day, scrambling to get another present together. It all worked out in the end, but it meant no time left for blogging.

Christmas day, of course, was chaotic and exhausting. But fun. My nieces are always an endless source of entertainment. I found the perfect convertible for Miss P, since she had so much fun booting around in mine this summer.And little Robo - well she just doesn't have an off button...
I'm not exactly sure what's going on here - but with Robo it's best not to ask...

And despite all the chaos, I did managed to get all my Christmas projects done, but one - my coworker's socks are still not finished - I didn't get to start on them until Christmas day and there was not much knitting time then - I'm just to the heel. However, all is not lost - she tried on the first sock, loved it and it fits perfect - she said she's fine with waiting until the new year for the second one, so I've got a week until I see her again.

But in the Christmas list of accomplishments:
The Monster hat got eyes (just glued-on felt) and a matching pair of mitts. These were for Dave's cousin - and apparently they match his new winter coat and sled. Now we just need some snow (it's currently raining....)

I improvised a pair of fingerless mitts for Dad, to match his hat. (Dave is modelling) I plan to make Dave a pair, and I'll throw them up on Ravelry as a free pattern in the new year.

I can also unveil that secret knitting I mentioned a few weeks back...
I had enough Bugga leftover to make Mom a Pretty Thing cowl (nice pattern, quick to knit and lovely result - can't really go wrong!) to match her Dalhousies. She was quite surprised to find it in the box, so that made me happy.

I was not neglected by the gift fairy either. Among other things, I got a lovely bag of Madeline Tosh Heritage Wool in "Antique Lace."There's enough to make a sweater - so I just have to decide which one. I'm thinking Hallet's Ledge. Mom made one a few months back for the Needle Emporium, and I really liked the way it fit.

I also got the first three seasons of the Muppet Show...
And... since I don't go back to work until the New Year, I foresee a lot of Muppets and knitting in my future.....

3 comments:

RobinH said...

The cowl and the mitts are great, but I just love that monster hat! Adorable.

Araignee said...

What an impressive amount of gift knitting. Merry Christmas!

lexa said...

Awwww! The Muppets!!!

Merry Christmas!