Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The little project that couldn't

Have you ever had one of those projects that just doesn't seem to grow - no matter how much you work on it?

I've got one of them right now. You may remember me mentioning a vest I'm making in Slinky Cat. The last picture I took of it was in April, and looked like this:
It got set aside for Octopi, and socks, and other projects. But I have added a row or two here and there. And Monday, I worked on it ALL afternoon and ALL evening with just a few small breaks to make dinner, do some laundry, and make a Dairy Queen run (it was hot - we needed Blizzards!)

You'd think after all that knitting, I'd be miles ahead. But it looks like this.
That's not very much growth - barely two inches!!!

Is there there some sort of knitting gnome that was stealing my rows while I was at Dairy Queen?

4 comments:

Araignee said...

I certainly have had those projects that never seem to get any longer but for me it is usually sleeves. It's going to be very pretty though, so let's hope those gnomes stop stealing your rows. I want to see it finished too!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Oh I can see progress there! Funny, Gavin and I were discussing peanut buster parfaits on Monday, but were too lazy to make a run for them :)

Monika said...

Yep, had some of thoses projects as well. I have 3 WIP's at the moment and it's driving me crazy, because besides the socks, I don't want to knit on the other two right now. I want to cast on something else every day (but I don't). I feel bored with everything I do right now, except spinning.

RobinH said...

LOL! I had a pair of socks like this...it's funny how when you keep getting interrupted in your knitting that knitting happens slowly!.