Sunday, March 26, 2017

A Grand Day Out

Probably the toughest thing about not having a car is how much it's limited how often I see my parents. They live half an hour away, and there are no bus routes there.

I'm trying not to be too much of an imposition, but I really wanted to dye some yarn - and the studio is at their place. So yesterday morning, Dad picked me up bright and early and we spent a little Daddy/Daughter time at Princess Auto. Then we headed back home where I dyed yarn, and chatted with Mom while she tackled some sewing.

As a result, there's a new batch of Twinkle Cat ready for the shop.
 As well as three skeins (Alley, Jungle & Twinkle) for myself. 
They will be put towards the GO patterns. I also snagged three other dry skeins; one I dyed last time, one Miss Pee dyed, and one Mom had squirreled away. But, I don't have pictures of those yet. With that and what's in my stash, I should have enough for the patterns I have planned.

After full day of dyeing, we enjoyed a nice roast beef cooked by Dad. The Mom drove me home that work, where I enjoyed a nice quiet evening with the Scrufflebutt
Can't think of a better way to spend a rainy Saturday.

9 comments:

Araignee said...

Pretty yarn!!!
Kitty looks mighty comfy. Cat naps are the best!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a very productive day. Kitty looks so cozy on a rainy day.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Now that sounds like a perfect day for all....even that spoiled little kitty. ;-)

Vera said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. The yarn is gorgeous. Princess Auto???

Mereknits said...

The new yarn looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had time to spend with your parents doing the things that you love.

Cat Lover said...

What a wonderful way to spend your Saturday. Lucky you to be able to spend time with your Dad. I miss mine very much.
Your kitty is adorable!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Sounds like a wonderful Saturday! Gorgeous yarns!

I can't stand not having a car and not being able to go where I want, when i want!

Delighted Hands said...

Mmmmmm, nice newly dyed yarn and all the possibilities!!!!
We are too far in the country to go without a car....in another week my parents go back to NY and I won't see them until August. Hard.