As promises, Watershed is done
While I'm quite happy with the finished project, I didn't really enjoy knitting this one. If it wasn't such a quick knit, I probably would have frogged it.
There's nothing wrong with the pattern, and I quite liked the construction - no - it was the yarn that soured this one for me.
I used some Debbie Bliss Stella that I've had kicking around in my stash for a very long time. I bought it because it had silk in it (I'm a sucker for silk) and the price was right. It's actually a mix of silk, viscose and cotton.
The finished fabric is nice and soft, and I'm sure it will be lovely to wear (though I have my concerns whether or not it's going to pill and fuzz...) - but knitting with it was a nightmare. It's eight loosely spun plies - it was splitty, it broke easy and working with it was very hard on the hands because it has absolutely no sproing.
I only ended up using five balls of it, so I still have five left - but I don't think I'll be knitting anything else with it. I think it will go in the donation box. Hopefully someone will love it more than I do.