Saturday, January 3, 2015

First FO of 2015: Blackrose

Well, I might not have finsihed up the Blackrose socks before the new year, but when I got home from the cottage, I certainly plunked myself on the couch to get them off the needles.  A Sherlock marathon later... and they were done!
I don't normally knit a pattern more than once (except for Loch Ness monsters) but my original Blackrose socks got a hole in them and this colourway was perfect for it.
It was an over-dye of a truly disgusting creation, and I only wish I could replicate it now because I love this one. In low light, it looks almost black, but outside in the sunlight, its this deep, dark, rich red.
The base is Twisted House Cat and I went down to a 2.25 mm needle, so they are nice and snug (I hate floppy socks)
So.... that's one WIP off the needles... but of course I put one right back on...
I go back to the office on Monday, so I needed a pair of socks to work on over lunch.

Here's a close up without that gorgeous feline to distract you.
The yarn is White Birch Fiber Arts 80/20 merino/nylon in 'Diamond Back'. It's just a simple garter rib sock for Dave. It's been a year since I've made him a new pair of socks. (Don't worry - he's not sock deprived - Mom's cranked him a few).

7 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Nice socks! I like your unit of time measure: a Sherlock marathon. One season or more? It's like hours/minutes/seconds: Full set/season/episode...

Samantha said...

That is a great colour. Maybe you could figure out how to nearly replicate it. I'd be into that. LOL

Lucky Dave! I'm going to cast on for some socks for Michael for his birthday soon.

kathy b said...

Ribbed socks are so pretty. I Love your merlot colored finish!

Araignee said...

Pretty! The man socks look fun, too.

Rachelle said...

They do look really good, and so do the man socks.

Anonymous said...

Black Rose is GORGEOUS!!!

Love the new sock too. Such happy colors they are.

Unknown said...

The Black Rose socks are GORGEOUS!!!