The kids got to go outside (though they didn't stay out there long - it's still too cold for these soft kitties!) and my dear sweet Stella got a reprieve.
I spoke with the mechanic this morning and the part is still under warranty. The parts guy who ordered it (and my first one) is trying to get Chrysler to cover at least some of the labour costs too - but I'm not holding my breath on that one. But the labour costs are about half of what I thought they'd be.
The downside is, the part is going to take a while to get here (same situation as last time), so I'm without a car for at least two more weeks. I'm just waiting to hear from my boss on whether I can work from home for that time, or whether I'll need to rent a car. But I'm so happy that my dear, sweet Stella will see another summer (and I can go at least a little while longer without car payments!)
Even Old Town is getting somewhere
Just two inches to go and I can start the ribbing! Definitely a good end to a bad week!