Thursday, January 8, 2015

Getting affectionate

First - let me say that you guys are all far more confident of my knitting speed than I am. I did get the first mitt done on my lunch today, but I'd hoped to be further ahead than that. I lost out on a night of knitting last night due to some minor car issues. I've cast on for the second one, but tonight I have to do a little housework, because tomorrow night I have company coming (which means I lose out on a lot of knitting time tomorrow too). I've told Dave he'll have to fend for himself for dinner, so that saves me some time.... but I'm not confident I'll finish by Saturday.

In the mean time, I decided that I wanted to make my Colour Affection match the set. I mostly wear my shawls as scarves, and I love the colours in the handspun. And as you know, I REALLY want to make that darn shawl!

Between Mom and I we dyed up some Twinkle Cat in a variety of the shades in the handspun. The skeins were dry, so Mom sent me a picture today
I'm definitely going with the Green and the Black, but I'm torn between the dark wine one on top, and the pinky-purpley one on the bottom left. Right now, I'm leaning toward the bottom, but I'll leave the final decision until I can get the hat and the yarn side by side

8 comments:

Samantha said...

Oooh, decisions, decisions! I think I'd go with the bottom too. Gives a bit of punch.

Delusional Knitter said...

Oh I love that one on the bottom left!!! I love that dark fuchsia type color, its always one of my favs.

Anonymous said...

I like the colors you chose. The middle one on the bottom has a different color "value" to my eye.

I like the rosier reds together.

Araignee said...

The best part of the Color Affection is picking out the colors. So exciting. I have a box of yarn dedicated to making them because I want a pink one and I keep buying yarns that don't work together. Getting three to play nice together is hard-for me at least.

Unknown said...

I would actually throw out the red and keep the other two. Lovely color set!

kathy b said...

I think the brighter one will yield just enough pop!

Unknown said...

Oh, what rich colors. The set you are creating is so beautiful. Hope you can squeeze in that knitting time between these other commitments/events.

Rachelle said...

I love the depth of the top one, the bottom one seems a little too bright with the green and black.