Saturday, July 18, 2015

Cherry sticky

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a giant bag of cherries for Dave because he told me he REALLY, REALLY loved them. A few days ago, he came out with the still full bag in his hands and said "these cherries are kind of soft..."

Well... yeah they would be. But I couldn't let that whole bag go to waste, so last night I sat down an started pitting them all
There was only one thing to do with them ... an it require a lot of sugar
I found these fancy measuring spoons at Dollarama, and this was my first chance to try them out. My blender made quick work of the pitted cherries...
An a lot of stirring later.....
A sweet batch of cherry jam.

4 comments:

kathy b said...

almost like it was the plan all along!

Unknown said...

Mmmmm....mmmmm....good!

Araignee said...

Waste not, want not! How could anyone forget about cherries in the fridge? They'd be gone in a minute around here. They are so expensive and so GOOD.

Anonymous said...

Putting those cherries to good use.🍒