Friday, October 28, 2016

Friday Felines

First... thanks for the feedback on the pattern yesterday. It seems like we are mostly on the same page - that back is... unappealing. However, I think it's going to stay in the queue for a bit. While it might not be ideal to wear over my dresses to work... these chilly mornings make me think it might be nice to throw over a pair of pjs. The sleeves make it more practical than the blanket I currently have wrapped  around me...

But now... onto the main attraction!

When I first brought home a skittish little Ru, several of your predicted that he might get a little more snuggly once the weather cooled down. And I think you might be right.

Most evenings now, he jumps up beside me and snuggles in for a short cat nap (I've always got the good, furry blanket on, so that helps).

Since it's gotten colder, I've taken to using his favourite blue Cookie Monster blanket as an extra layer on the bed (it's nice and warm!) While I have to bring him up with me at bedtime, he's quite happy to spend most of the night curled at my feet. (He usually leaves between 4 and 6 am, so he's primed and ready for his 7 am thump-and-yowl-fest in the hallway downstairs... )

And last Sunday, both him and Peno spent a lazy morning in bed reading with me for a couple of hours. It was almost like having the boys back again.

So... we're gaining ground... but I think he'll always be a little bit saucy....

"Talk to the paw, Lady."

6 comments:

Araignee said...

That was fast. I can't even imagine Herbie coming that close and it's been 5 years. He stays on the other side of the room but at least he comes out now and takes a nap where I can see him. He isn't shy when it comes to food though. He makes enough racket for 20 cats when his food bowl is empty.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

There's just something about kitty toes.......they make me happy. :-)

Delighted Hands said...

He is a beauty of a boy, no doubt about it! I love reading about the cat behavior of 'crepuscular' crazies in the evening and most notably in the morning!

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Awww, he's decided that he's home!

Agreed on that sweater.

Anonymous said...

See my foot! Yep ..............that'sa MY FOOT!

He's quite a character!

Unknown said...

I think we all get snuggly when it cools down! I sure don't want snuggles when I am hot. Love that last photo. He's a hoot.