Friday, March 16, 2012

Baby Bruin has arrived

While I was frolicking in Westeros - my friend was at the hospital awaiting the birth of his first child.

She waited until the wee hours of the next morning, but the world's newest Bruins fan finally made her debut, and her name is Nora.

Fortunately, I'd finished her cardi a few days before.
I just have to sew the buttons on (they are just placed there for illustration at the moment). The logo blocked out nicely too:

It will probably be a few days before I get to see her daddy, so I'm going to try to whip up a couple of pairs of Baby Janes, and maybe a bonnet or two.

Welcome Nora!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an adorable cardi. As much as I hate that there is another Bruin fan in the world --- I will admit --- she's gonna be darn cute!!!

P.S. She wouldn't like to be a Flyers fan, would she? Hmmmmmmmmm...I guess not. ;-)

Samantha said...

You did a wonderful job. She was born on March 14th (pi day) at 3:16am ... as you probably know ... but how cool would it have been if she had been born at pi time too! Missed it by two minutes.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Congratulations to her parents and to her honourary "auntie". Just as well she's a Bruin fan; there's nothing to cheer for in Toronto :(

gayle said...

She's going to look adorable in that sweater!

Monika said...

OMG- that cardi is adorable! I love it! Nora is such a lovely name too.

WildflowerWool said...

Super cute!

RobinH said...

Awesome! That blocked beautifully!

zoom said...

Awww!