Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekend wrap-up

It's been a pretty productive weekend here at Chez Wandering Cat.

Baby Bruin got finished up and is now blocking. I'm happy to say, the logo evened out nicely. I'll post pics when it's dry and the buttons are on. Still no sign of baby, so I might knit a pair of matching socks.

In other knitting news, my honourary niece asked her Mommy to knit her some legwarmers - however, her mommy hates knitting two of anything, so I stepped up to the plate and offered to be her pinch knitter.

Mom had the brilliant idea of cranking a pair on her sock machine, so I did just that on Saturday:I just have to pick up the stitches and add the ribbing - but fastest pair of legwarmers ever! And, since I still couldn't resist actually knitting a pair:
She ask for "princess colours" and I don' t think it gets much more princessy than pink, purple, sparkles and hearts! These are knit in Twinkle Cat DK (colour is Faerie Petals) and the design is my own. I'm going to see them next weekend, and I hope to have both pairs finished.

And I just had to scratch that itch to start a new cardigan:It's the Empire Line Cardigan by Debbie Bliss. I've wanted to knit this forever. I've had the yarn forever too. It's RYC Cashsoft (Cashmere/Merino/Microfibre) the colour is "Poison". I got it on eBay a few years back specifically to make this cardigan. After all the lace shawls I've knit - I figured a lace cardigan won't pose too much trouble - and might even keep my interest enough to get it done quickly.

However, the pattern isn't charted. The first two rows gave me a heck of a time. But once I got the pattern set, and was able to read the lace, it was smooth sailing. I already have the pattern memorized.

I'm making the medium size instead of the large. I've knit a couple of Debbie's patterns, and I find the always tend to be very roomy (even when my gauge is spot-on). A couple of Ravelers have mentioned it in their pattern notes too.

That's it for me - what were you up to this weekend?

5 comments:

Zenitude said...

Love those legwarmers, The sock machine was a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Cute legwarmers.

This weekend I started something totally different for me --- I'm knitting a SWEATER. Well, actually a vest, but it's NOT SOCKS. LOL

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Wow, legwarmers on a sock knitting machine !?! I think you're on to something there! Love the "poison" colourway.

Samantha said...

Love the leggies! She's going to ADORE them. :) Can't wait to see you next weekend!!

gayle said...

Mom really is brilliant!
Love the legwarmers. That's going to be one happy girl!
Oh, man. A lace cardy with no charts? Good luck!