Saturday, January 19, 2013

This, that and the other...

Thank you all for sharing your wonderful "first sock" stories!

Still under the weather here,  and Dave is working then off to a hockey game, so it's still couch, cats and resting for me.

I took the opportunity to finish up a few things that have been piling up over the month. Aeolian is blocking...
As you can see, Tux has taken over inspection duties while the regular inspector (Rocky) is napping.


I finished up the handspun socks I started on New Year's Eve.
Just slightly fraternal. I used yarn spun by Smoking Hot Needles, and black House Cat for the heels and toes.

And, I sewed some buttons on the Tea Leave's cardigan
Some of you may note that those are, indeed, not the buttons I was planning on. The lovely copper blossoms did arrive, but sadly, were a smidge too small. These are buttons I got from the Woodlot last year. They match well and I still have seven buttons left for another cardigan. I'll find another use for the copper buttons, don't worry!

And now, I'm left with a decision... finish another WIPs (likely the embossed leaves socks), work on a new design, or cast on for the Stray Cat shawl.....

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

Love those buttons too.

Araignee said...

We have finally had a cool enough breeze down here to wear some handspun socks and I say yours are yummy. Also love the shawl and buttons.

WildflowerWool said...

The socks look so warm! Great choice of buttons. They match perfectly.

Monika said...

I love the buttons!

Samantha said...

You're just buzzing away and transforming those WIPs into FOs. I love the shawl.

The buttons look good. Sucks the other ones were too small though.

Nancy Kay said...

Although I can only see a bit of the shawl as it is being blocked, it looks absolutely beautiful. What gorgeous lace work!!!

Oh, the buttons are perfect for the sweater. Another beautiful piece!!