Monday, October 12, 2015

Thankful - the garden edition

In a few hours, we're off to dinner at Dave's uncle's. It's an absolutely splendid fall day, so I thought it appropriate to share the things I'm thankful for in my garden this month.

I'm thankful for...

Peachy surprises!
I thought the Hibiscus had only red and yellow flowers (which were both perfectly lovely) but one day she suddenly started popping our peach ones!

Baby bunbun!
Not so baby any more! And I'm thankful all the bunbuns keep coming around, despite being chased by Peno every other week.

Garden Kale!
Still not eating it (no, not even as "chips"), but I couldn't resist adding these two beauties to the fall gardenscape.

Slow blooming!
But still at it - only one or two flowers at a time, but I'll take what I can get (and plant them earlier next year.


Still blooming!
That coffee infusion worked wonders. And here we are - middle of October and the Butterfly Bush is still covered in blooms.


Last dance!
The last of my Blue Girl roses for the year. And probably the last rose period - after this week, the weather is suppose to turn colder, and we'll have frost soon enough.

It's been a great year in the gardens. I still have much to do this week to get things ready for winter, but I'm definitely thankful for all I've accomplished in my small space.

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your flowers are so beautiful...and isn't it amazing this late in the season? Love the color of the rose. Wow, what a beauty!

Hope you had a very wonderful Thanksgiving. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I love pictures of Bun-Bun. We don't have many rabbits around here ---- just raccoons, possums, and armadillos. None of those are as cute as Bun-Bun!

Araignee said...

Still so many flowers? That is something to be thankful for!