Sunday, January 24, 2016

At rest

Dave and I are generally introverted creatures, other than a few very close friends, we don't go out a lot, and we rarely have people in. But on Thursday, Dave decided he wanted to have a couple of work friends over for dinner on the weekend.

So that mean a scramble for me to get the house in up to receiving guests. And it gave a bit of a boost to the decluttering effort.
Just look how clean Grandma's table is! I was even able to re-hem an old set of curtains for the dining room window - something I've been trying to find time to do since we moved in.

And all the work was worth the effort. We had a lovely dinner and a lovely evening. And now it's Sunday, and with the exception of a few extra dishes, I have no housework to do! And you know what that means....!
Just look how far those eight rows a day got me! Just the ribbing left on the sleeve, and then the bands. Do you think I can finish the whole thing up today...?

We'll just have to see...

7 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Wow, that dining room is super tidy! Hope you both had a nice evening :)

Araignee said...

Of course you can! Unless something comes along better to do.....

kathy b said...

You really got motivated! Glad you enjoyed entertaining! THe table is beautiful.
Can't wait to see you modeling that pretty sweater

Unknown said...

Go you!!! But now you have jinxed yourself by pondering the finish!!

Anonymous said...

Knit, Valerie, KNIT!!!!! Looks like a finish is not long off.

Unknown said...

Oh wow, that sweater is really coming along!! You knit so fast!

elns said...

The dining room looks great! I'm supportive of anything that is helps the declutter movement for anyone, as it is a personal struggle. That sweater is almost done, I can feel it!