Wednesday, March 16, 2016

FO: Sagittarius socks

Finally... knitting!

And for this pair, it only took 11 MONTHS!
No reason for it really - I just knit the first one, and never got around to casting on the second one. Which is totally silly, because I managed to finish that second one in just a week!
The pattern is my Sagittarius, and it's a fun pattern to knit. It has a 10-row repeat, so it's one of those patterns that (generally) goes pretty quick, because you don't want to put it down until you finish the repeat you're working on.
I used our Alley Cat sock yarn, and I love it for the amazing stitch definition it gives. The colour is "Blackened", a mixture of deep purple and navy that changes dramatically depending on the light.
See...? Amazing.

But now I better turn my attention back to the Mirabel shawl.. there's only 4 days left in the KAL.

4 comments:

kathy b said...

Okay those socks are FANTASTIC. Great with your shoes. LOVE the style you create!

Dee said...

Congrats on the finish. They are very pretty socks! I love how you wear socks with heels --- very retro and cute!

Araignee said...

I love that pattern and since I am a fellow Sagittarius I need to make some of those. Someday. When the mojo returns. If ever.

Chrisknits b said...

Just lovely. And who's counting the days it takes!! Just knit what you want, when you want.