Sunday, May 1, 2016

Race day

It's that time of year again. Yesterday I pickup Sam, and we headed off to the city so she could run, run, run, and I could sit and wait.
I think this year was the coldest of all the years. I took the cardigan so I could work on it while I was waiting for her to cross the finish line
But I only got a few rows done - my hands got too cold too quick.

Instead, I chatted up the locals
 ... and these hoodlums...
... and the most beautiful Mama swan.
She was such a sweetie, she even showed me her babies.
Daddy swan was keeping watch from the water.
... and soon enough, I caught sight of Samantha on her way to the finish line.
Just a few minutes more and...
... it was all over...
Until next year of course!

6 comments:

Araignee said...

Those swans are amazing as is your friend who runs!

Anonymous said...

Sam had a VERY good time! Congrats to her.

Love the little "hoodlums".

kathy b said...

THe role of support staff is so important! You look so pretty in the photo! Sorry your hands got too cold to knit!
You are great to go along !

The Well Fed Wheel said...

When it comes to running I'm better at sitting and waiting too. LOL! Beautiful swans!

Alisha said...

Awesome yearly ritual!!! Too sweet!

Samantha said...

YAY! This is my favourite Spring ritual!