Look at you clever little knitters! On my post about my cotton blankie, several of you noted the similarities between it and a cotton dishcloth's construction. Yep - it's pretty much the same... In fact, on my Rav project page, I called it the Dishcloth Blankie.
But it wasn't until I started making one in cotton that I made the connection. You see the very first one I made looked like this...
Julie, at The Needle Emporium, had put together kits and written up a pattern that included the colour sequence and number of rows for each colour. I instantly fell in love with it and had to have it. I had just started knitting and it was well within my skill level. (we won't point out the fact that that bottom corner is super wonky because apparently increasing evenly was apparently beyond me a that point.)
I absolutely loved it, right until I finished it and attempted to snuggle with it for the first time.
After that debacle, I still wanted an afghan though, so I set out to make one from softer, cheaper novelty yarns.
The cotton one will have no itch, and still be nice and warm. And I shouldn't have to worry about any dropped stitches. (And I can totally make dishcloths out of any left over yarn!)