Friday, April 3, 2009

The great reveal

Well I'm sure you've all been holding your breath...

Here is it is, as promised...

RIOPELLEAs I said before, I got this yarn off mom months ago. It was really difficult finding a pattern that would work because of all the colour.... so I designed my own.

It's a pretty quick project (for a shawl) and makes great TV knitting.

It's named for Canadian artist Jean Paul Riopelle, who is credited with bringing the abstract impressionist movement to France. Like abstract impressionism, this shawl uses texture and a multitude of colour to create a work of art

And you can get it HERE!

Not a member of Ravelry? (SIGN UP) Send a Paypal payment of $2.50 to wanderingcatstudio@hotmail.com, and I'll email it to you within 24 hours!

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

(sounds of applause)
aren't you lucky to have a mom that gives you wool for free.
NOT the Wollmeise, though.

Jeanne said...

Very pretty!

Angelika said...

Sometimes a simple pattern makes the most beautiful shawl.

Alisha said...

That is amazing....what a great job you did! It looks fantastic! Enjoy!