Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's a girl!....

... or at least it will be. She still has a few months cooking to do... but that means I have a few months to make lots and lots of girly things!

Dave's friends are having a baby and they just found out it is a girl. This is great because everybody has been having boys lately, and I don't like knitting boy things... they aren't pink and they aren't frilly.

Tonight I made this!
I have to admit I have a bit of an obsession with feather and fan. I blame my mother, who made me a feather and fan afghan when I was young. It was done in a shade of dark orange with a yellow ripple and I loved it. I'm not sure what happened to it -- I still have my Strawberry Shortcake blanket from when I was a kid, but not that one -- maybe I loved it to death.

Anyway, I saw this pattern months ago and knew I had to make it, but nobody was having a baby girl. (Although thinking about it now, I could cast on with a heavier wool and make it for my niece who is almost one), so when I found out they were having a girl, I rushed home, printed out the pattern and knit it up.

I am going to make some nice red Mary Janes to go with it.

I also want to make them a blanket but I'm torn on which one to do. I'd like to do the feather and fan (big surprise) that's done in the round, but after doing several pinwheel blankets, I'm not sure I want to another blanket in the round.

Well I have red shoes to knit so I better get to it!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I have some loverly baby blankie patterns in my store.

Jeanne said...

Very cute! There are a lot of really cute blanket patterns out there - have fun picking!

Alisha said...

I love the red bonnet....a nice change from pink or blue...very sweet!