Friday, May 3, 2013

First and Second

First:

Thank you everyone for your suggestions on yarn names (I particularly liked Freckle Cat... ). But as I was laying in bed last night, the name came to me.... the yarn is a "Donegal Tweed"... so naturally - it's got to be a Celtic Cat! Celtic Cat will be in the shop soon. I brought  a green skein home for myself 
 - you should feels this! It's so soft. Mom's already put one of the beige skeins through her sock machine. It's going to make fantastic socks!

Second:
I chose the pattern for my soon-to-be-former boss's shawl. It's Sweet Dreams by BooKnits.

Mom brought the yarn down for me on Sunday, and I quickly found the box with my needles. I've been working diligently (and monogamously) ever since. This shawl absolutely, positively has to be on the blocking board by Monday night.

I think I can, I think I can!

4 comments:

Frieda said...

Very nice choice for the shawl , I love the edging on that pattern ! Beautiful colour as well ,the shawl will be gorgeous when it's finished .

Perfect name choice for the new yarns !

Anonymous said...

I know you can, I know you can!!!

Celtic Cat --- simply perfect!

Unknown said...

Perfect name for the yarn!!

The shawl is coming along...and it's absolutely beautiful!!

Araignee said...

Moving in and knitting a lace shawl at the same time? I am in awe.