I'm a little late with this month's WIP update, but that's due to the move and emergency shawl knitting. Now that things have settled, let's get right down to it.
As of April 2, I was at my limit of 5 WIPs. A pair of socks, two cardigans, a new shawl design, and an afghan. Of that list, the only thing I managed to complete was the socks. Of course, I did cast on a cast off a shrug and a pair of fingerless mitts, so the FO count is respectable.
A second shawl design: This one is Dee's fault - inspired by her lovely Egret pics.
A second pair of Glinda mitts: These are to match the Cranberry Bonnet. In truth, they would have been off the needles by now if it wasn't for the emergency shawl. I expect them to be done this week, though it's far too warm to wear them.
So, as of May 7, I have six WIPs on the go: Two shawls, two cardigans, an afghan, and a pair of fingerless mitts. I also have a baby present to make for May 19. Not too hard to get back down to the 5 WIP goal - the trick just not casting on anything extra... because I do have a lovely skein of Celtic Cat, and no socks on the needles.....