Friday, August 7, 2015

Mermicorn

I shouldn't have done it - I have three cardigans, and a half-finished pair of socks on the go. But I couldn't help it.... the skein was just sitting there on the table and it was taunting me!!!
Yup - I wound up Unicorn Parade and cast on! (I know you all wanted to see it too!) I really shouldn't have, considering my Saggitarius sock has been awaiting its mate for months... but then I realized that Christmas is only 140 sleeps away - I really have to start filling up that gift box! (There's only one thing in there at the moment). I know some one who will LOVE these colours!

And Undine is a really enjoyable knit. In fact, I think feather and fan is the perfect stitch pattern - it looks good with any yarn (stripey, multi, semi, or solid - it doesn't matter!); it's easily memorized and the lace is only worked over one row, followed by three plain rows (makes it perfect for a beginner lace knitter; even though its so easy - it looks intricate; and it can be worked over a wide variations of stitch numbers (16 is the most common, but I've seen 15, 18, and Undine uses 12)

There are lots of sock patterns out there that incorporate feather and fan - my Undine is just one of them (and it can be knit with a few variations) - but it is free... hmmmm...

Would any of you be up for an Undine knit-along? (I think Mom has a pair on the go too) With some Wandering Cat prizes? Let me know if you're interested and when would be a good time to start (ie next week, next month) and I'll see if I can organize something.

6 comments:

Bridget said...

Oh I love the idea of a KAL! I think beginning of September would work, but am amenable to just about any time. :-)

Love the Unicorn colors! Those are gonna be nice socks.

Araignee said...

I knew it would be fabulous! I can dig through the stash for an Undine KAL. It was a fun pattern and it looks great with all the clown barf sock yarns I have a weakness for.

Unknown said...

Such great looking colors in that yarn!!

kathy b said...

Uh oh when you put Christmas that way ........I better get busy too. That yarn is too fun to sit. It might get into trouble unless it is cast on immediately

Anonymous said...

Totally up for a KAL!!! :-)

Love the color of your new sock.

Rachelle said...

I'd love to, but need to be realistic; too many things on the needles already. With commitment for at least one more.