Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The lone mitt

I have a friend who lives in the big city. She takes transit a lot, and is in need of some warm woolies to keep her toasty between subways  - especially this year.

She's the intended recipient of the colourwork hat I test knitted a few months ago.
She's such a lovely friend, and it's such a lovely hat, that I decided a pair of matching mitts were well deserved....
.... well - it will be a pair of mitts eventually. The second one has been cast on. I meant to work on it at lunch, but I left my knitting bag at home! Not a good thing when Christmas is only a week away!!!

5 comments:

kathy b said...

AWWW I have to finish a scarf toinght. THen I believe, I hope to be done with Christmas gift knits for this year, WHICH I said I wouldn't do.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I brought my knitting, but was too busy to knit. That sucked. And tomorrow doesn't look any better!

Araignee said...

That is going to be a great gift set. I sure couldn't pull off that second mitt in a week but I know if anyone can-it'd be you!

Anonymous said...

ARGH! I hate when I forget my knitting.

The hat is beautiful and those mitts will go so well. I'm sure they will be VERY appreciated. Sounds like it is going to be a VERY snowy winter.

Debi said...

A treasured gift I am sure! Merry Christmas Creative Heart! xo:Debi