Sunday, February 9, 2014

FO: Mr. Dress-up

Well, actually, this version is Little Miss Dress-up...
Yesterday was spent mostly in the dye studio at Mom's. Once I was done, I hung around a bit while Dad made dinner, and I managed to complete the last repeat before the toe on the socks.
When I got home, I figured I should just go ahead and finish them up, instead of leaving them to my lunch hours.
I'm glad I did, because they are nice and toasty. I used Twisted Top Cat in Tomato. Mom and I have a debate going on which is better, regular or Twisted Top Cat. She like's the Twisted better, but I still love my regular. Either way, that little touch of cashmere just amps up the softness on these socks.

I knit mine with a short cuff, but you can knit them any length you want.
And there's still a few weeks left until the KAL is finished, so there's still time to start and finish a pair if you want to join us. The pattern is free. Come on over and join in the fun - I'll be working on the prize pack next weekend.

9 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Love the Tomato red! When do we see the products of your labour at the dye studio in the shop?

kathy b said...

I love a short cuffed sock. They are all I make.
Your socks are perfect for Valentines day!

Samantha said...

I love them. The red is great! I like those shoes.

Anonymous said...

They turned out great! They look so lovely in your black shoes.

So what socks are next?

Araignee said...

I love red socks. I just finished my latest Alley Cat socks in Peppermint Stick this afternoon and I bet you could have heard my squees all the way up north. I LOVE them!

Sue said...

They look fantastic and I bet your feet are very glad for the extra warmth.

Unknown said...

Oh I love them! And I love the combo with the shoes, they look really pretty on you!

RobinH said...

Pretty! That length looks perfect with your shoes.

Unknown said...

Mr. Dress-up Socks in red look so darned cute on you...especially with the back heels. They should be so fun to wear.