Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My own little sparkley screw-you rainbow!

It's not often that I buy hand dyed yarn... having and entire room full of bare yarn and contless dyes, it just doesn't make much sense to buy what I can make.

But every once in a while, I come across something spectacular I just have to have:
White Birch Fiber Arts is owned by a lovely lady named Lisa, whom Mom and I met in Virginia last summer. She's from Vermont (or as she calls it - Canada south) and we spent lots of time talking about yarn and farms and everything in between.

She dyes mostly self-striping yarns - and while they are lovely, I'm not huge on self-stripers. Mom's the master-mind behind most of our self-striping yarns - and she's the one that does all the extra work that goes along with them.

But a couple of weeks ago, Lisa posted the most amazing self-striping yarn in one of the Ravelry groups.
The colourway is called "Nothing says screw you like a rainbow" and not only is it one of the most absolutely amazing self-striping yarns I've ever seen - she had it on a SPARKLE BASE!!!!

I just had to have it RIGHT.THAT.SECOND.

Now Lisa's yarns are so popular, most get grabbed up by pre-order. But she happened to have just one sparkley rainbow skein left hidden, and she set it aside just for me.

It arrived Monday. I'm totally smitten. I think I'm going to make gloves (ones with actual fingers!) out of it because I don't want to hide it away in socks.Maybe plain gloves or something with a little cable?

But I have to get a couple of projects out of the way first... unless I get sucked in by the sparkles...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous . . . we could also call it "Putting it to Putin" if we wanted to get all political. OR, we could just enjoy the rainbow beauty!!!

I'm doing sparkles this week with some Shenanagans Silk and Silver. Sparkle is SO much fun.

kathy b said...

It is amazing and Over the Rainbow

Araignee said...

Oh my golly goodness. Gloves would be perfect. I am so jealous.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Wow, that's waaay colourful. Have fun with it!

Rachelle said...

That is very pretty; I look forward to seeing it knit up.

lexa said...

Purdy!

Unknown said...

beautiful