Thursday, February 27, 2014

Winter blues breeds spring startitis

While the rainbow sparkle gloves are a great way to brighten up the dreary winter-that-will-never-end (it's another frickin' polar vortex!!!! WTF???), they haven't cured my winter blues altogether. And sadly, I think I've caught a case of startitis as a result, because on top of letting the rainbows and sparkles seduce me, I also cast on for hat.
The pattern is Funiculaire, and I'm using Fat Cat in Bay Leaf. I'm not very far, but that's what happens with Startitis.

And then.... Country Acres posted about March Sweater Madness. I was intrigued, hoping I could use it as motivator for the Lestrange cardigan. Alas, you have to cast on March 1 - no WIPs. But the crazy, winter-addled part of my brain started thinking... hey this would be a good way to tackle Eve's Ribs....

Then sane part of me brought me back down to earth and reminded me that I have some have-to-do sewing  and dyeing this weekend, a commissioned portrait to paint this month, not to mention two pairs of gloves/mitts, two shawls, a scarf, a hat and a cardigan on the needles. (And lets not mention the designs and patterns I've been meaning to get together forever!) If I took on the sweater challenge, you'd find me sitting in the corner, banging my head off the wall and screaming at the sight of yarn.

So I'm going to be good, and stick with what I've got going on.At least until next week....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

love how the glove came out. The stripes are crazy fun.

Araignee said...

I knew it. I told myself last night that a glove would be done today. I love them!
We've got the polar vortex thingy going on too and have had lots of snow this week. I am so bummed.

Rachelle said...

I badly want to cast on several things too. There's a hat I want to design, a cowl that I also want to design, plus a colourwork vest, a winter cardigan and a pair of stockings for the costume. I'm stopping myself though, I need to get at least one pair of socks finished, preferably two (or maybe just one half of a pair of socks?)

Bridget said...

Oh I love the gloves! I've never tackled gloves, but I'd like to. I need to track down a basic pattern.

I've got startitis too. Though since I just finished a pair of socks, I can (to myself at least) justify starting something new. In spite of too many things on the needles already ...

Have a good weekend!

Samantha said...

I've got startitis too but don't know what I want to start. I'm still in search of a perfect hat pattern (sport yarn) ... so rather than starting something I stare at my WIPs and wonder how long I can stare before they finish themselves.

I love the glove. SO PRETTY.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

That one rainbow finger is totally awesome. I'd be sticking that finger up and out at every opportunity.