Monday, October 24, 2016

Whoopsie!

As many of you know, it's rare when I knit a garment and don't make some sort of modification to it to make it fit better, or just a little more to my liking.

A few of you have complimented me on my skill in doing so. But I think it's only fair to share.... it doesn't always work out.
That is the first completed sleeve for the lace tunic (but it won't remain completed for long). I was modifying it to make it shorter (3/4 length) and more narrow than the pattern.

But I was so focused on getting the length right, that I didn't pay enough attention to the width. And it wasn't until I got it off the blocking board, that I realized it was going to be far too narrow in the upper arm.

So.... I've got to frog back to at least the first v-pattern above the lace border, and re-knit it all again. With some well-placed increases this time.

But.... it will have to wait for a few weeks at least.... but more on that tomorrow.

5 comments:

Dee said...

The lacy pattern sure is pretty!

Araignee said...

Oh, man.....

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Dang!!! I hate when that happens.

Delighted Hands said...

It's all part of the game....but not the best part for sure!
It does look pretty and will be prettier when it is the right size!

kathy b said...

Yup it is just a part of being human and knitting! YOU WILL SUCCEED!