Monday, October 31, 2016

Hip-hip-Hallowe'en

Ruby slippers...
Check!

Cowardly Lion.....
Maybe not so check.... but it's his first Hallowe'en - we'll give him a little leeway.

Basket full of fun-sized candy...
Check!

Trio of jack-o-lanterns...
Check!

Okay... I'm ready.... bring on the kidlets!

....

I just had to share this picture of Little Miss Rowan. A couple weekends ago, she was down and enlisted me to scour the local thrift shops in search of a dress for her costume.... she wanted to be an undead bride.

We were worried at first, it was mostly slim pickings. But soon enough we found the perfect white dress, and already in her size. I made her a bouquet from dollar store flowers, and we got her some gloves and a veil.

This weekend her Mom let her lose with the fake blood so she could bring her artistic vision to life...
Jenn sent me these pics...
 I love the irony of the "Life is sweet" shirt
That's Auntie's little deranged sociopath... I've taught her so well!

EDITED - 9:34 P.M.

And here she is!




8 comments:

Bridget said...

I love the bloody bride! What a fun kid.

And the Cowardly Lion made me laugh out loud - been there, tried to do that ... :-)

Araignee said...

That undead bride idea is just brilliant!
Years ago I made a full on fake fur cowardly lion costume for The Mister for a party. It was amazing but so hot he thought he was going to die. Lesson learned.
Have a happy Halloween!

kathy b said...

I love your socks! I love your little bride. SHe is creative and that is so important. Halloween celebrates kids creativity!

gayle said...

Awwww... I love it all!

Judy S. said...

Nice socks! Happy Halloween!

Vera said...

So creative! Your socks (and the shoes) are fabulous!! And your cowardly lion - too sweet!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the undead Rowan!

Your little lion is just too cute!

The Well Fed Wheel said...

The socks are perfect with the ruby slippers! Happy Holloween!