Sunday, June 25, 2017

Blossom blocking

Yep.... she's a-blocking
It was a relatively slow week on the work front, so I was able to snatch a couple hours here and there as I waited for projects to come in. As a result, I was binding off and blocking by Friday evening.

A while back, Mom gave me her blocking wires, but I hadn't tried them out yet. While they are a pain to insert, they really made getting that nice straight edge so much easier.
The lace opened right up, just like I knew it would, making this shawl a respectable 64 inches long. You can't really see the  beads with the camera flash, but they are there.
A proper FO post will follow - probably sometime in early July. I think this beauty deserves a proper photoshoot, and for that I need Mom.

Stay tuned!

10 comments:

gayle said...

It's so beautiful! (And I knew you'd finish with time to spare!)

Araignee said...

Yowza!!! That is just breathtaking!!!!

Bridget said...

WOW, it looks beautiful!

kathy b said...

That is amazing and so so lovely. It is more than I could ever hope to knit in my little knit world. THe stitches, the repeats, the blocking, the ALL OF IT. Oh Val!! I love the color your choose. It is almost impossible for me to think you will give it away. WOW

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. The center flower is just PERFECT!

Mereknits said...

Absolutely stunning!!!!

Delighted Hands said...

You have created a masterpiece and it is even finished early! Congratulations!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

That is so beautiful! Lovely work! And such a pretty golden yellow.

Vera said...

Oh Val! What a GORGEOUS finish. I knew you would get it done in plenty of time. A masterpiece for sure. Congratulations!

Rachelle said...

Sorry, let the blogs I follow get away on me so I missed this. Gorgeous work, and I'm sure the recipient will be really happy!