Saturday, June 24, 2017

Home of the gnomes

(And one fairy!)

Since I'm with out a car still, a couple day a week, Dave drives me into the office and I take the train home. But Dave is a multitasker, so on that drive we're almost always making a stop somewhere - his Grandma's, his tech guy, his mechanic.

A couple weeks back, we made a stop at his mechanic's shop (actually... it was to look at a car for me.. mileage was too high so we passed). We were standing there chatting when his mechanic put a fair sized wooden house in my hands. It looked a little like a doll house (though with no room for play), slightly Victorian, but exaggerated in a cartoonish sort of way.

My first thought was "What the heck am I suppose to do with this?!?" Then it came to me.
On the way home that night, I stopped and got some more fairy garden supplies - a couple gnomes, a little sitting fairy, some mushroom furniture.

And now it's all nicely installed in the front garden (so the gnome from the tree garden can visit easily). I still need to get some pebbles to build them some walkways. But maybe these little friends will be enough to tip the judges into giving me second prize! (Judging day is Monday!)
I know I'm absolutely charmed by it all!

4 comments:

The Well Fed Wheel said...

Looks like it should be first prize to me.....soooo cute! And yes the pebble walkways will add the perfect touch.

Delighted Hands said...

Too cute! Excellent additions to your garden!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww...what a sweet little gnome home.

Vera said...

This is way too cute. Love it!