Sunday, February 1, 2009

Back to the drawing board

Well, I'm still working away on my shrug, so I still haven't gotten any further on the baby hoody. I did, however, go up to Mom's to raid the button jars. I came home with several buttons, so it's just a matter of deciding which ones to use, but I'll wait until it's done.

I also cast on for the first pair of Christmas socks, so I have a travel project:
I'm just doing a simple feather and fan pattern and it works very nicely with the colours I think.

I also took some time out this afternoon to clean up the studio. Since Christmas, I've just been more or less throwing things in and shutting the door - it needed a major cleaning!

There are still a few things I need to do (invest in a paper shredder to get rid of some old documents is one) but I can at least get in there and move around now. I've got some more jewellry ideas I want to get working on, a whole pile of mending, and the quilt, as well as some other sewing to do, so now that the studio is clean I can take some time this week to tackle at least some of it.

One of the other things I've been meaning to do is design a tattoo for my cousin. She asked if I would, way back on Thanksgiving, but then my back went, then Christmas, and I never got around to it. With the studio clean, I was able to dig out my pencil box (a full size tool box, believe it or not) and get out a rough sketch for her:Drawing has always been my first love, and I've really been neglecting it over the past year or so (damn addictive knitting). It was nice to pick up my pencils again, and I can't wait to give this one some colour. But I'm going to wait until she's seen it and decide if she wants to make any changes.

But I've got a bit of a bug now, so.. it's back to the couch to work on a few other pictures I've been wanting to do for a while.

EDIT:

It's been an extremely productive night... I managed to finish two other pictures. One I won't show you until the recipient has seen it first, and the other is:

(Please forgive the water mark. I am thinking of making this a print, and some people tend to think everything on the internet is free)
This is the Fibre Faerie... I started it sometime last year or the yeah before and never finished it.... and I'm not sure why....

4 comments:

Lee said...

I love the sketch it is very well done. I can see why you miss drawing. I also know what you mean when it comes to knitting it seems like it drowns all else out.

I love the socks very much and yes I agree the colors work very well with the feather and fan pattern.

Jeanne said...

Great sketch - it will make a gorgeous tattoo! Did you say Christmas socks...wow...

Rhonda said...

Looks awesome!

Angelika said...

Wow, you draw so well. You are so talented when it comes to artsy stuff.