Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I lied... sorta

Okay.. so no knitting pictures as promised. I did bring the camera home but I'm too lazy to dig out my knitting and photograph it tonight. (I started a new regimen where I actually get out of bed more than 15 minutes than before I have to leave for work.. I'm exercising, eating breakfast and I even have time to check my email in the morning.. but now it's 9:30 p.m. and I'm pooped!)

I did however have enough energy to do some beading tonight, and I have some pictures of that to share.. (yes I was too lazy to photograph knitting but not to lazy to photograph beading... yes I am aware of the sacrilege of that statement, but I don't care... no knitting for you!)

As I said in a previous post I did a HUGE bead order recently and one of the new things I got were some pewter charms.... mostly fantasy stuff (and some motorcycle themed charms for the newest store to carry my work).
I saw these witches and I knew I had to get them. They are just soooo cute, and I have a lot of wiccan customers who will be clamouring for them. Mermaids on dolphins.... what more could you want (and with a genuine pearl to boot!)These pewter stars are very whimsical but I had to get really creative with how to use them. The holes in them are HUGE, so the head pin just slides right through, but because of the hole placement and shape of the star only certain sizes and shapes of beads would work. I'm pleased with how these turned out. They are amethyst, but I also did a pair with garnet and a pair with labradorite.

I did much, much more but as usual it's waaaaay too much to photograph. Keep your eye on my Etsy site though. New things will be going up soon. And as always, if you see something you like here give me a shout at wanderingcatstudio@hotmail.com. (These earrings are all $9 -which includes shipping to anywhere in the world.)

1 comment:

Alisha said...

Such beautiful stuff. I love those little witches!