Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Got Beads....?

...I do! I do!

The bead order came yesterday! And I picked it up at the post office on the way to work this morning... it was really hard to concentrate on writing about car dealerships when I knew I had a box of beads in my car.... really hard...

So when 4 p.m. hit.. I raced home (well actually I left at 3:52.... but shhhh!) to dive into the box! It was a huge one this time. It took about an hour just to go through and make sure I received everything I ordered.

I wish I could show you everything I got, but I don't have hours to photograph it all and then upload it... and you probably don't have hours to sit and look at it all... but trust me it's pretty.

I can show you a couple of unique items I picked up:
This is a really neat way to make a pendant out of a gemstone donut (this one is Unakite) It's up on the Etsy site if you're interested.
I also picked up some ridiculously cute lady bug beads to make some stitch markers

The ones I got are just red (I couldn't be bothered to take my own picture so I snagged one from the internet). Normally I don't buy glass beads, but these were just so cute I couldn't resist... they make me giggle every time I look at them... and trust me, when you're giggling at home by yourself, you look pretty silly... even the cats think so.

I spent several hours tonight reorganizing the old beads and putting away the new ones. I discovered that I have a lot of beads that I'm not using and I'm probably not going to. So over the next week or so I am going to photograph them and open a second Etsy store. If you're interested in beading it will be a great place to pick up gemstone beads and other findings at really low prices. I'm not interested in making a huge profit off them - I just want to do a little destashing to make some space. There's sure to be some good deals.... I'll announce it here the minute it's open.

Well back to the studio!

3 comments:

Angelika said...

My son loved the dragon and the ladybugs are just too cute. I think I need to make some new markers for myself too. I'm getting tired of looking at the "old" ones.

Jeanne said...

Great beads - can't wait to see what you make with them.

Lee said...

I love fantasy stuff like dragons, but it always seems to me that the jewelry they come up with is a little cheesy, but I love that dragon on that it is very whimsical and not dramatically overdone(like with glowing eyes or something) I love those lady bugs, very precious.