Thursday, February 26, 2009

Back to our regularily scheduled knitting....

As promised, here are the pics of my socks
First up....

I like the colours, (which pop a lot more in real life) but, I think I need to go down a needle size or two. I did these on 2.75, but they are uber-wide.

Next up.... Dave's Christmas socks....I did most of this work waiting around for my car to be fixed Monday morning. I'm using SWTC's Tofutsies. It's nicer than the Opal cotton, but still a little too "cottony" to give really nice tension. I really like the colours though. I bought it on Ebay, and I thought it was just black, grey and white, but as I started knitting it up, depending n the light, there is also lovely shades of soft aqua, and tiny flecks of green.

This is my own pattern (there are cables but they are hard to see) and I will publish it when it's done.

The socks are mostly travel projects, so this weekend I'm going to focus on getting some real progress done on Purity (and maybe even finish it!)

4 comments:

Alisha said...

Great socks going on....Your so good to be working on Christmas gifts....your rock!

Socks are an awesome take with you project. I need to start a new pair. It has been forever since I made a pair.

Angry Ron said...

The colours do look nice together. I agree though, she's a bit wide. :-)
I haven't made socks in forever either...I should start a pair soon but have a few things on the go right now. I haven't even been blogging.

Jenn said...

ooops i think i commented on ron's account. LOL

Lee said...

I can see how from first glance you would miss all of those little speckles of color, but when you look at the close-up photo you can see the greens. I like the way the socks are coming out.