Sunday, May 15, 2016

FO: TPCT

The pattern is called TPCT - the perfect crop top, but for me, it should be TPCC - the perfect cropped cardigan.
 I'm sorry there's no modeled shots. There were plans for a photoshoot at the RBG's newly renovated rock gardens... but my photographer went and broke her knee cap (thanks for the well-wishes, she's doing pretty good, considering.)

But back to the pattern. It's a nice basic pattern, but she includes lots of tips for making it truly perfect for yourself (modifications for a cardigan are not in there, but it's not hard to modify). There's instructions for both bottom up and top down. Since I was using Mom's handspun I made it top down so I could use up every inch of it.

I love how the stripes are more defined on the body
 but more subtle and gradual on the sleeves


I had planned on using wooden buttons, but the button stash had other ideas
I'd bought these ones off Etsy ages ago because they were just so darn pretty... a copper button wit white "antiquing". They really couldn't be more perfect.

I've got another skein of handspun I want to show off, and I think there might just be enough for cap sleeve version....


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those buttons really ARE perfect. That sweater is exquisite.

kathy b said...

OH my. WHAT A FINISH! ! YOU are one of my favorite sweater knitters

Rachelle said...

It's gorgeous! Might be time to get the tripod out for the camera until your mum is back to healed?

Unknown said...

It is perfect, and the buttons!! Oh, the buttons!!! You could not have found better!

gayle said...

It's gorgeous! And those buttons are absolutely perfect!

RobinH said...

Oh, my! That's lovely! A pretty knit and a great showcase for the lovely yarn!