Thursday, May 26, 2016

Stripes for the birthday boy

True to my word, I went stash diving, and came up with something for birthday socks for Dave.
White Birch Fiber Arts Self-striping merino  - the colourway is Mistakes Were Made. I've paired it with some blue Barn Cat leftovers for the cuff ribbing, heel and toe. I'm doing plain ol' vanillas, no fancy ribbing or stitches, so as long as I work on them every day, they should go quickly. Despite being for giant man feet.

While I was up stash diving, it was nice to see that I've put a fair dent in the stash the last few years. I actually didn't have a lot of sock yarn to choose from. It was an oddly good feeling. Today is studio clean-out day, so by the time it's over, I'll have an even better handle on the situation. More on that later...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a WONDERFUL color combo!

elns said...

I LOVE THIS YARN. These are going to make some fabulous Dave birthday socks! I'm kinda jealous. I love when the yarn does the work. I know you'll make short order of these.

Araignee said...

Nice colorway! My sock stash has dwindled in that I have little that I love left but I still can barely close the lid on the box and it's a huge box.

Rachelle said...

Ooh, they do look good! I need to reduce my stash too, but the thing I've noticed is despite the size of it I still don't have what I want for my next project. I used to have it, but used it for a pair of socks for T.