Thursday, October 14, 2010

Is it Friday Yet?

.... 'cause I really, really want it to be.

Not just because it's the end of the week (and I'm going shopping for champagne and cigars - more on that later!), but because I have some yummy yarn up at Mom's just waiting to be picked up!These gorgeous skeins were spun by the ever so talented Monika (aka Smoking Hot Needles). I am so in love - and I haven't even seen them in person yet!

I've been admiring Monika's spinning for a while so I was thrilled when she decide to start selling it!

My winter coat is made of nice warm brown wool, and I think this will be a perfect match when I make a jaunty beret and some fingerless mitts out of it. The perfect colour to cheery up a dreary winter day!

Mom also scooped a couple of skeins, which you can see here (I may have to steal them for myself though.)

Thanks Monika - I can't wait to start knitting with it!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a Monday over here, where I am.

pendie said...

Hang on, it's almost here!

Monika said...

Oh hey! I thought your mom liked orange! I can't wait to see how it will look all knit up! Thanks for the linky-dings. :o)

Unknown said...

I just saw your title when I came the first time. I come back and there is a picture of pretty yarn.

Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, what lovely handspun! You're right - that's going to be really wonderful on a cold, gray day :)

Anonymous said...

that yarn is gorgeous!!!

Rhonda said...

Back off, get your own sandwich.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Now that's some gorgeous yarn! She needs to spin faster, I think, because it looks like the yarns being scooped up very quickly.

I WISH Rose's Fine Yarns was my nearest LYS - it's fantastic. Definitely worth checking out!

Knatolee said...

Love Monika's stuff. That yarn is GORGEOUS!!!

Waiting to hear about the champagne and cigars...