Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This, that and the other

I had a really busy weekend (which included yarn dying - more on that later this week) and have spent the last few days trying to keep from under the ever-mounting pile of housework. I've done a little knitting, but have been flitting from project to project instead of committing. As a result, I don't have much to say - but picture are better anyway, right?

Here are a few things going on around chez Wandering Cat.

I've got two pairs of socks on the needles - one for Dave and one for myself. Oddly enough - neither are in our yarn.

Dave's are just plain vanillas in Rainy Days and Wooly Dogs Asphodel (100% merino)The colour is "Frumious Bandersnatch." This yarn was a present from Mom and bought solely because she knows how much I want a Bandersnatch of my own (and a Cheshire Cat) and this is about as close as I'm getting to having one.

Coincidentally, the yarn I'm using for my socks is also from Mom.
You may recall me mentioning I wanted some Twisted Fibre Art Kabam (Merino/Bamboo blend) in Warlock.... well Mom scored some for me in a Rav trade (though once she got it she didn't want to give it up). I'm doing up a little chevron design to take advantage of the gorgeous stripes.

And while we are on the topic of Mom and sock yarnThis weekend she gave me a lovely green skein of Sanguine Gryphon Eidos. I'm not sure what colour it is - it was part of a sock kit and it didn't name the colour.

I guess I'm really going to have to knit her those Campfire socks now!

I've done a little shawl knitting (it's October and I still have three shawls to go!) and I started designing a pair of fingerless gloves. The gloves are getting frogged because I've had an even better idea for them!

All is good on the kitty front. Peno hasn't eaten any more fish, Tux is taking his needles like a trooper, and Rocky.......Rocky has taken to stalking my mouse hand from behind the computer monitor. *Sigh*

5 comments:

Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, all of those socks (and incipient socks) are gorgeous! I especially love the blue ones, though... And I'm very entertained by the cat-stalking picture - better than the gopher that Gwilim brought in to give to Rick today, though.

Unknown said...

I'm knitting socks these days too. I'm using my own dye jobs, can't afford to buy any new yarn for a bit. I like to knit and spin other's dye jobs every once in awhile.

It's like eating out rather my own cooking all the time.

Glad Tux is doing well with the shots.

TheBlackSheep said...

But life is so interesting when you're stalking a mouse! Can't blame him for that can you.

Love the Bandersnatch! It's the perfect colour for autumn.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

But aren't you supposed to "shun the frumious Bandersnatch"? I wouldn't have been able to shun it either - the colourway is too gorgeous!

Rhonda said...

Geez.......your mom gives you a lot of yarn.