Sunday, October 31, 2010

Princesses and Monsters

It was a pretty exhausting weekend for me.

My friend Bree, from college, (the one on the left) married her sweetheart in a Faerie Princess/Autumn/Hallowe'en themed wedding.
As I'm a little short on funds for wedding presents, I offered my services as their official wedding photographer in place of a present.

Notice those shawls? They weren't originally part of the wedding attire, but it was a chilly, windy day - and those brides were cold. Fortunately - I had Daenerys in the car, which matched Jaime's colour scheme, and one of the bridesmaids had brought her Icarus, which matched Bree's colour scheme. Total kizmit! Oh - and the brides are knitters too!

It was a great wedding, but being a wedding photographer really is work. Ten hours and 667 photos later, I finally got to come home and relax.

Needless to say, today I reacquainted myself with the couch. But I was very productive on said couch.

I finished up my French Press slippers:So now my feet are toasty warm. Though every time I take them off, one of the cats steal them.

The rest of the day was spent making a monster!Once he gets some flippers and horns, he'll be the next Loch Ness Monster to join the fleet. The orange yarn is our new Tabby Cat Worsted (coming soon) and the belly is some left over Patons Bamboo Baby.

Also, on Friday my lovely handspun from Monika arrived and it's even nicer in person! I've already cast on for a shawl, but I'll save it for another post.

Hope everyone has had a frightfully delightful Hallowe'en!

7 comments:

Monika said...

Wow, you really had a busy weekend! Lucky brides to get to wear those lovely shawls. I wonder why they didn't knit themselves some wedding shawls. I can imagine how warm your slippers are. I broke down some time ago, and have the heat on. Warm felted slippers still would be welcome. Ah, love the monster color combination! :o) I'm sure glad you like the yarn!

TheBlackSheep said...

Those are beautiful brides and beautiful shawls! Looks like it was meant to be.

Knatolee said...

The shawls matched the flowers perfectly! It was frigid here on the weekend... glad it didn't snow on the wedding.

And the latest Nessie is adorable.

lexa said...

Taking wedding pictures is fun, but I wouldn't want to do it for a living. I did two of them - my MIL when she remarried, and one of Hubs's stepbrothers. (Since I work in a place that does photography, too, I didn't want them to get any ideas about adding to my job description!)

RobinH said...

I did high school graduation photos for my sister and one of her friends. I took forever to get a decent one of my sister- but her friend should have been a model- the camera loved her- couldn't take a bad photo of that girl. A wedding sounds like a ton of work!

Cute slippers!

Samantha said...

Congratulations to Bree and Jaime! :) The monster is adorable.

Jenn said...

Haha! Yes, its lotsa work do wedding photos, I'll second that!
Absolutley love those slippers!